Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
September 15, 2012
Image Size
506 KB
Resolution
1040×1200
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
4,780
Favourites
392 (who?)
Comments
52
Downloads
235
×
Ninth Doctor and Rose by AdamWithers Ninth Doctor and Rose by AdamWithers
Commission from Baltimore Comic Con 2012; Pencil.

This was my first Doctor - Christopher Eccleston. This was the Doctor that made me love Doctor Who. So many pieces of pure gold in that first series, so many great moments. And the slow, subtle hints of romance that only truly blossomed when he died and resurrected as Tennant.

Tennant may be my favorite Doctor, but Eccleston will always be my first, and perhaps shall also remain the most complex.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconripperblackstaff:
RipperBlackstaff Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I miss those two. They were perfect.
Reply
:iconadamwithers:
AdamWithers Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Artist
They were pretty damn good, yeah. One great, great season. :nod:
Reply
:iconripperblackstaff:
RipperBlackstaff Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pity it wasn't longer. I feel like going to Eccleston, grab him by the ear and bring him back to the set of Dr Who
Reply
:iconripperblackstaff:
RipperBlackstaff Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I miss those two. They were perfect.
Reply
:iconbittersweetwanderer:
BittersweetWanderer Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I love the 9th doctor. I haven't got to any other doctors (just started this week) but I am still so much in love..
Reply
:iconadamwithers:
AdamWithers Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Professional Artist
You're in for a real treat. The series just gets better and better. :nod:
Reply
:iconbittersweetwanderer:
BittersweetWanderer Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I kinda figured that out. I am now on the 10th..
Reply
:iconcannedmadman66:
CannedMadMan66 Featured By Owner Oct 7, 2012
Man, you make me wish so much that I was born in your era. You had the best series, the best actors, and the best moments of pop culture. I want to get into Doctor Who but I honestly believe that I can't say that I've seen it until I watch the first series you grew up with.

Excellent work as always. The Doctor looks different from the one I'm used to seeing and hearing people talk about but that's just me being too young to know the first, and probably the best, doctor. Rose for some reason reminds of Hermoine in this picture which I really like. The background is nice too with the time machine. Once again, excellent work as always. You really know whats what when it comes to fan art.
Reply
:iconadamwithers:
AdamWithers Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2012  Professional Artist
We had some goodies, but there's good happening in all eras - you just have to know where to look. I think 90% of most stuff is garbage, but as time passes we forget the bad and only hold onto the 10% that was really good. So in hindsight it can SEEM like there was more great stuff in the past, but it's only because we've forgotten or ignored the other 90%.

It's like music-- people like to say that the 60's had amazing music and the 80's was all crap, but if you really look at what was going on in those eras, there was as much good and bad in both decades. We just have selective memories! :XD:
Reply
:iconcannedmadman66:
CannedMadMan66 Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2012
True I guess. I don't know, I learn about all this stuff like Dr. Who, Dark Shadows, and other things that transferred from your era to mine and all I can think is that "damn, I missed out". As a 90s child, I got to see what was probably the last great era of cartoons with Batman: The Animated Series and other DC cartoons, SWAT Kats, The Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, the various Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, Disney's better years with their Toon Disney program, and so many other things that would take forever to list. That 90% probably goes pretty unnoticed though since we are so caught up in what we love from our era.

Lol good comparison! That's the one thing that to this day I'm still ashamed of from the 90s. We set up the model for these obnoxious preteen/tween/teen pop stars today because of the boy bands and crap like that from the 90s!
Reply
Add a Comment: